Facilities and Infrastructure
Government Polytechnic College Samba which was established in the year 2012 has well established Library and ReadingLibrary Room. Library is a central facility to support the teaching & learning needs of the Institute. Library has been over the years successfully catering to the needs of all the departments. The Library contains General Books, Reference Books which are related to current syllabus of J&K SBOTE and other competitive examination Books. The Reading Room has sufficient seating capacity to accommodate large number of students and make use of library facilities.
The Library at present has more than 6500 books which are issued to the students regularly. The Library remains open also during Summer & Winter vacations.
Rules of Library
- Working hours of the Library are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in winters and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. during summers.
Every student shall be provided with the Identity Card.
- Sum of Rs.50/- will be charged for issue of duplicate Library Card (in case the original is lost).
- Students can withdraw 5 text books at a time for the period of 14 days and book can be re-issued for a further
riod of seven days, only if the same book is not in demand/ reserved by other student.
- An over-due charges of Re. 1/- will be levied per day per book for retaining the book by the student beyond due date.
- The student shall be responsible for all the books drawn by him/her. Book lost, defaced or injured in any way shall have to be replaced by the borrowing student. The student may satisfy the soundness of the book before issue.
- Students shall not be allowed to carry all personal belongings beyond the ‘Private belonging Rack’.
- The reader shall maintain silence in the Library premises.
- No reader is allowed to sleep in the Library. The defaulter may be denied use of the Library.
- The reader/ students are liable for punishment and fine if they misbehave or damage the books/ property of the Library.
Photo Gallery of the College Infrastructure & Activities
|Chemistry Laboratory||Smart Class Room|
|Civil Engineering Laboratory|
|Machine Shop, General Workshop, Automobile Workshop|